FULTONDALE AND GARDENDALE PRODUCT LIABILITY LAWYER
Every year, innocent people in Alabama suffer injuries due to defective products. Fortunately, Alabama state law allows victims to file suit against product manufacturers and/or retailers. At The Carter Law Firm, LLC, we have over 30 years of experience helping Jefferson County clients who have been injured by dangerous or defective products. With extensive litigation experience, we can handle your case from beginning to end. We know the ins and outs of the court system and know what it takes to win.
A Matter of Responsibility
Responsibility for allowing a defective product to hit the market lies with each and every member of the distribution chain. Under state law, products must meet “ordinary expectations” held by Alabama consumers. When a product is dangerous to those who purchase it, the product is considered defective.
State laws governing product liability are relatively broad. For instance, liability for a product defect could rest with any party in the product’s chain of distribution, including:
- The manufacturer
- A manufacturer of component parts
- The entity/entities that assemble(s) or install(s) the defective product
- The wholesaler
- The retail store that sold the product
Types of Defects
In order to obtain a favorable outcome in a product liability case, you must not only prove that the product was defective, but that the defect made the product unreasonably dangerous. The three most common types of defects that may cause injury include:
- Design Defects — Present in a product from the beginning (i.e. something in the design of the product is inherently unsafe)
- Manufacturing Defects — Problems occurring during the course of a product’s manufacturer and/or assembly
- Marketing Defects — Flaws in the way a product is marketed (i.e. improper labeling, shoddy instructions and/or insufficient safety warnings)
Let’s Get to Work
The seasoned lawyers at The Carter Law Firm, LLC offer years of experience litigating product liability cases. As with many types of personal injury cases, product liability suits are incredibly time-sensitive. With weekend availability and after hours appointments available upon request, there’s simply no reason to wait. Call The Carter Law Firm, LLC now, and let’s get to work.
The Carter Law Firm, LLC represents clients in Fultondale, Gardendale and throughout the state of Alabama with cases involving product liability. Call (205) 808-0002 now to schedule your free 30-minute consultation.